British :D

As you know, I'm studying american english, but I like british too, I don't know, their pronunciation is really beautiful, I love it!.

Here some expressions in british (a conversation), some of then I didn't have the faintest idea what they mean, I hope you like it and enjoy it! :D

A: I had quite a shock last night. I ran into an old flame of mine.

B: I suppose she was the apple of your eye at the time.

A: Yes, I suppose she was but she'd changed so. She was all skin and bone.

B: And I suppose you didn't panic and were as cool as a cucumber?

A: Well I didn't have an axe to grind as far as she's concerned.

B: You mean there was no bad blood between the two of you?

A: No, not really except she did get angry sometimes but her bark was worse than her bite.

B: Was she going anywhere or was she at a loose end?

A: Not really. Funny thing is I asked her out and she didn't bat an eyelid. What I want to know is whether I did the right thing.

B: I can't help you there my friend. The ball is in your court.




0 comentarios: